The offer consists of the following meat breeds (Simmental Breed, Belgian Blue Cattle, Limousine, Charolais and crossbreds) and the category in both sexes. All calves have underwent strict selection. All preventative interventions, vaccination and re-vaccination, dehelmentation with permanent veterinary control, have been performed.
We offer suckling calves ranging from 70 to 90 kg in weight and non-suckling calves ranging from 100 – 160 kg in weight and heifers weighting between 160 and 220 kg.
BY PURCHASING CALVES FROM US YOU HAVE PURCHASED:
CALVES THAT HAVE RECEIVED COMPLETE PREVENTIVE MEASURES FOR FATTENING (vaccination and re-vaccination against bronchopneumonia, dehelmentation, vaccination against contagious diseases and coccidosis) AND WAS UNDER CONSTANT VETERINARY SUPERVISION FOR A MINIMUM OF 60 DAYS PRIOR TO SALE
- OUR CALVES HAVE UNDERWENT QUALITY SELECTION, WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE ALL PREDISPOSITIONS FOR GOOD AND HEALTHY GROWTH (we send inferior quality or poor health calves to slaughter)
- OUR COMPANY’S WORK IS EXCLUSIVELY BASED ON QUALITY (purchasing very young calves is cheaper in the beginning, but ultimately it is much more expensive – treatment, write-offs, poor growth, deaths etc.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO ENSURE:
- CLEAN AND DISINFECTED TRANSPORT TRUCK
- PRIOR TO CALVES’ ARRIVAL; THOROUGHLY CLEAN, DISINFECT AND PAINT THE COWSHED (the cowshed should be empty for at least 7 days after the departure of previous calves). IF YOU HAVE OTHER CALVES OR HEIFERS IN THE SAME COWSHED – AVOID MIXING AND CONTACT BETWEEN THEM (to avoid pathogen transfer).
- FIRST MEAL AFTER CALVES’ ARRIVAL – HAY ONLY (ensures normal kidney functions after transport-related stress). OUR RECOMMENDATION IS TO CONTINUE USING OUR FEED, WHICH THE CALVES ATE AT OUR FARM, FOR 7-10 DAYS (FANON). AFTER THIS PERIOD YOU CAN SLOWLY START TO MIX IN YOUR OWN FEED (for any help, please contact Fanon – Antonio- +385 99 / 805-3839)
- MAKE SURE THAT CALVES ARE IN A DRY AND AIRY SPACE IN THE COWSHED. TAKE SPECIAL CARE OF SMALLER AND LIGHTER CALVES, SINCE THEY REQUIRE MORE CARE AND SUPERVISION.
- IN A CASE OF HEALTH PROBLEMS, YOU CAN CONSULT WITH OUR VETERINARIAN.