BY PURCHASING CALVES FROM US YOU HAVE PURCHASED:
- CALVES THAT HAVE RECEIVED COMPLETE PREVENTIVE MEASURES FOR FATTENING (vaccination and re-vaccination against bronchopneumonia, dehelmentation, vaccination against contagious diseases and coccidosis) AND WAS UNDER CONSTANT VETERINARY SUPERVISION FOR A MINIMUM OF 60 DAYS PRIOR TO SALE
- OUR CALVES HAVE UNDERWENT QUALITY SELECTION, WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE ALL PREDISPOSITIONS FOR GOOD AND HEALTHY GROWTH (we send inferior quality or poor health calves to slaughter)
- OUR COMPANY’S WORK IS EXCLUSIVELY BASED ON QUALITY (purchasing very young calves is cheaper in the beginning, but ultimately it is much more expensive – treatment, write-offs, poor growth, deaths etc.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO ENSURE:
- CLEAN AND DISINFECTED TRANSPORT TRUCK
- PRIOR TO CALVES’ ARRIVAL; THOROUGHLY CLEAN, DISINFECT AND PAINT THE COWSHED (the cowshed should be empty for at least 7 days after the departure of previous calves). IF YOU HAVE OTHER CALVES OR HEIFERS IN THE SAME COWSHED – AVOID MIXING AND CONTACT BETWEEN THEM (to avoid pathogen transfer).
- FIRST MEAL AFTER CALVES’ ARRIVAL – HAY ONLY (ensures normal kidney functions after transport-related stress). OUR RECOMMENDATION IS TO CONTINUE USING OUR FEED, WHICH THE CALVES ATE AT OUR FARM, FOR 7-10 DAYS (FANON). AFTER THIS PERIOD YOU CAN SLOWLY START TO MIX IN YOUR OWN FEED (for any help, please contact Fanon – Antonio- +385 99 / 805-3839)
- MAKE SURE THAT CALVES ARE IN A DRY AND AIRY SPACE IN THE COWSHED. TAKE SPECIAL CARE OF SMALLER AND LIGHTER CALVES, SINCE THEY REQUIRE MORE CARE AND SUPERVISION.
- IN A CASE OF HEALTH PROBLEMS, YOU CAN CONSULT WITH OUR VETERINARIAN.
In May 2016, company ROTEL LLC started selling fatten lambs for slaughter. We offer quality crossbreds that we import exclusively for butchers and slaughterhouses. Lambs are being fattened since they weighted between 10 and 12 kg, they are exceptionally thick and fat, with high-quality meat colour. The weight ranges from 19 to 30 kg. At the moment we have approximately 800-1200 lambs at our farm in Lacići, where you can take a look at them.